Overhead Door Company has been the industry leader for over 100 years. Our dedicated team continues to lead the way with innovative solutions, unmatched professional installation, service, and support that keeps customers coming back. Our Charleston ribbon is seeking Commercial Technicians to join our team. The Commercial Technician is responsible for commercial overhead door duties as described below.
The Commercial Technician will work Monday through Friday with the possibility of on-call and overtime. This role is a permanent, full-time position.
- Diagnose issues and carry out solutions on overhead garage doors and correlating equipment
- Coordinate with the scheduler on problem-solving and required parts
- Drive safely and efficiently from customer to customer
- Evaluate appropriate commercial door and installation/service requirements for each job
- Service or install on a variety of products, including commercial garage door operators, hinges, door sections, rolling steel, torsion springs, dock equipment, etc.
- Other duties, as assigned
Skills, Qualifications, and Requirements:
- Strong safety mindset (certifications such as OSSA Fall Protection, OSSA Elevated Work Platform, Standard First Aid, CSTS, BSO are assets)
- Outstanding customer service, communication, and professionalism
- Mechanical aptitude
- Experience installing Sectional, Rolling Steel, Fire Doors, High Speed Doors, Security Grilles, Roll Shutters, and Bifold is a plus
- Ability to weld is a plus
- Electrical experience preferred
- Comfortable working from a ladder
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work outside in all different weather conditions, including cold and extreme heat
- Lifting, pulling, climbing, standing, sitting, lying down, squatting and kneeling, and managing equipment and tools required
- Must be able to pass drug testing
- Must be able to work independently or with crews
- Benefits Package: Health/Vision/Dental
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
Please complete the following form and submit your resume to apply.