If you’re looking for a garage door opener, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve compiled a list of the best garage door operators that are on the market today so that you can decide which is right for you. Before we dive into that list, let’s take a look at some things you might want to consider when shopping for garage door openers:
- Drive System: Belt, chain, or screw? Belt drives are the quietest but also the most expensive. Screw drives are quieter than chain drives, but chain drives can easily operate without power if needed.
- Features: Some homeowners take many features of a garage door operator for granted, when really these features do not necessarily come included with the operator. Do your research to make sure your operator comes with the things that are important to you (lighting, keypad, remotes, etc.)
- Motor/Power Type: Your options here are AC or DC. DC power will typically be smaller and quieter operators than the AC power ones.
- Price: Usually a very important factor for homeowners, the price of a unit can be the deciding element when shopping for garage door operators.
There is a great comprehensive article about things to consider when choosing your operating system here. It also identifies the differences between Overhead Door Company garage door operators so you can easily find what you are looking for.
Here is our list of the best garage door operators of the Overhead Door Company Brand:
- Best Overall=Destiny 1500. The best of the best, with all of the bells and whistles, including a motion sensing light, ability to connect with your smartphone, and a powerful DC motor that will open your garage quickly.
- Quietest=Destiny 1200. The top of the line when it comes to belt drive operators, the Destiny 1200 is smooth and quiet.
- Best Value=Legacy 650. This base model is a great value and gives homeowners the greatest cost efficiency.