When it comes to residential garage doors, there are more choices than you think, especially when you factor in styles, colors, materials, energy efficiency and other options like decorative hardware and windows. How should you go about it? What’s available? What should you look for?
To find a system that best fits your home, follow these 5 steps:
- Know Your Options: Take the time to research your options. Good places to get ideas are sites like Pinterest or OverheadDoorCoCharleston.com.
- Determine the Material: This is one of the most important factors. All residential garage doors are not created equal, and each type of material used in construction has its own advantages and disadvantages. For example, while steel doors last a long time, they can also be dented quite easily. Keep this in mind if you have kids that play ball in your driveway.
- Insulation or No Insulation? If your garage is near any living space, it’s a good idea to buy an insulated residential garage door. It can keep those areas more comfortable, particularly if you live in a climate where the summer or winter temperatures are extreme.
- Try Some Doors: Here’s the fun part! When you know the basics of what you need and want in a new garage door, visit the Overhead Door website, where you’ll find different styles of residential garage doors. They range from ornate to utilitarian, and modern to carriage-house.
- Time to Buy: You’ve done your research and now you’re a well-informed customer who is ready to choose a residential garage door that matches your home perfectly!
For new residential garage doors in Charleston SC, contact us at Overhead Door Company of Charleston. We offer high-quality garage door products and services, and are proud members of both the Better Business Bureau and the International Door Association. Give us a call today.